All persons applying for the OWN Bahamas program must provide ALL of the following below via the ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Brief Bio
- Outline plans detailing their goals and aspirations for expanding the Bahamian economy
- Legible copy of their passport
- Passport Photos
- 2 Character References
Once in receipt of the above documents, the OWN Bahamas selection committee will review the application.
Through a rigorous selection process, ten (10) candidates will be shortlisted to present their ideas and business
plan during a formal interview with the selection committee. The committee will then select: (2) Recipients who will be awarded $25,000.00 each,(8) Recipients will receive $5,000.00 each and all (10) successful applicants will receive paid enrollment into The College of The Bahamas “How To Start a Small Business” and “Small Business” certificate courses.
Checklist for Business Plan submissions of Own Programme
All applicants seeking grants for creative businesses, must meet the following criteria:
- Completed Application Form
- Business Plan must be signed off by an independent qualified accountant
- Must have submitted a 3 year financial projection
- Once accepted, must complete an interview by an independent panel of judges.
Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to use any/all information submitted for PR purposes to enhance future growth of the Foundation.
- We reserve the right to revoke grant if information submitted is fraudulent in nature.
- Judges decision is final.
- Submissions will receive a response within 30 days of submission.
- Submissions are not guaranteed approval
Applicants Must submit online applications
- Must be a Bahamian citizen
- Must 18 yrs and over